There is a world in Purbeck - discover it in PURBECK! Journal
We're very pleased to announce the arrival of our eighth edition, Spring/Summer 2015.
It's another 14 pages jam packed with, well, jam for starters from the ever delightful Jammy Bodger as well as contributions from other regulars - Purbeck Footprints and Michael Deane head up another stunning Wildlife section, The Olive Tree Cookery School return with a fabulous recipe for black ravioli and squid, Paul Ensom announces a unique and extraordinary project for our Earth section, we observe startling creatures created for the 2015 Purbeck Arts Weeks as part of our usual extensive arts coverage and we're proud to welcome back Dr Haines and the NHS Dorset CCG to our Health section.
The good doctor is joined by a clutch of new contributors to Health, examining some of the issues around dementia and bi-polar disorder. Serious stuff but with good news. We're very pleased to announce a new series by renowned gardening expert, Sarah Talbot, while Rosie Tanner is the new driving force behind our Recreation section with articles about kayaking in Purbeck, and another in our much beefed-up P!J section about careers for young people. P!J is for the young folk and has benefited greatly this time by being compiled and largely written by an actual, real-life young person, Phoebe Hobbs.
That's just a taster. We post updates on our social media but look out for new articles from the latest edition posted here, or why not subscribe? No, really, why not? You can do it online, hard copy or both!
There truly is a world in Purbeck.
Let's go shopping!
Rush to our online shop to order your copy today, or, for that extra authentic feel, visit Purbeck and buy your copy locally – Jenkins News in Swanage carry all seven editions!
We have just launched the digital edition of PURBECK! All the content of our fantastic magazine in downloadable format.
Order back copies here
Below is a selection of the most recent articles we've posted - for a full category list of articles on our website please click here
- Lucy Tidbury’s perfect pet portraitsJuly 23, 2015
- Square and Compass Museum PieceFebruary 9, 2015 1
- Short Story CompetitionFebruary 8, 2015 1
- Surfing Kimmeridge BayFebruary 7, 2015
- Time Weavers – Withy Lobster PotsFebruary 2, 2015
- Burngate Stone Carving CentreJanuary 27, 2015
- Das Auto Dub – Purbeck Does VolkswagonJanuary 26, 2015
- A Purbeck ExpeditionJanuary 24, 2015
- Rhubarbylicious – Jam RecipeJanuary 24, 2015
- A Traction AttractionJanuary 20, 2015
- Olive Tree Cookery School RecipeJanuary 19, 2015
- A Handful of Wildlife Edition 7January 7, 2015
- Star Spores – Rare FungiDecember 9, 2014
- My Tyneham SketchbookDecember 9, 2014
- Steampunk! A Users GuideDecember 6, 2014
- Edward Fox: Listens to the WindAugust 16, 2014
- A Taste for Adventure: A Phoenician OdysseyAugust 16, 2014 1
- Paranormal Purbeck – a reviewJuly 10, 2014
- The Kimmeridge ProjectFebruary 11, 2014
- Lulworth Characters – Adonis BlueFebruary 6, 2014